Welcome to the Smith Middle School About Smith Section
This section of our website is designed to provide students/parents/guardians with the resources they need to help their child be successful. Special programs, contact information, required and optional forms, account links, and much more can be found in this section
- Birmingham Maple Clinic
- Affiliated Psychologists of Michigan
- Oakland Psychological Clinic
- Perspectives of Troy
- Great Lakes Psychology Group
Mission, Vision & Goals
The purpose of Smith Middle School is to ensure learning for all members of our school community.
Smith will be a safe environment where diversity is embraced, and the needs of the whole child are met through innovation and collaboration. With the resources available, the Smith community will strive to provide an engaging, challenging academic experience, while promoting a balance between emotional, academic, and social needs, contributing to the success of all students.
- All students will reflect on their learning and make real -world connections each semester in every class which will be measured through a submission and reflection in seventh grade core classes.
- All 8th grade students will write clear and concise theses for the National History Day project. This will be assessed with a 5- point rubric twice, to allow for revisions and improvements to an 80% proficiency.
- All students will recognize their contributions to our school culture and improve their social-emotional skills and tools which will be demonstrated through reflection data.
- All 6th grade students will demonstrate improved understanding of research techniques such as finding and evaluating sources, as assessed from a pre- and post-test.
Calendar & Category Legend:
- Smith Middle School Calendar