AFTER HOURS TECH HELP 5pm-8pm: (248) 823-5092 or email@example.com
See you Building Tech during normal school hours for tech support. Follow us on Twitter @TSDTechDept
HOW TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET AT HOME
In the coming weeks, the Troy@Home icon will be removed and students will be able to access the web directly from Safari. All web traffic will continue to be filtered, but the Troy@Home connection is no longer necessary.
How to Use Student iPads at Home
This is how your student will access the internet at home using the TSD filter. This filter provides the same protection at home as it does at school.
- · This needs to be done when using any Wi-Fi network outside of a TSD building
- · It needs to be done every time the iPad makes a connection to a wi-fi network outside of a TSD building.
(Example: The iPad connects at home and is logged into the TSD filter, and then it is taken to the public library. For the iPad to connect to the internet when on the library wi-fi, or to use apps that access the internet, the student needs to log into the TSD filter again. After returning home, the student needs to log into the TSD filter again.)
- 1. Connect to your home WIFI in settings
- 2. Click on the Safari App
- 3. Go to the following webpage: www.purple.com
- 4. You may have to go to a different webpage or empty the cache, if you have gone to this webpage before
- 5. Once prompted - Login with your student username and password when prompted on the blocked page. (Username example: jmsmith25) Password example: 12345678)
- 6. Click Login
- 7. You are ready to open and use a new tab or any of the apps on your device.
It’s VERY IMPORTANT to leave the browser window open. If you want to use Safari, you will need to use a different tab so that the login tab stays open. If you are going to use an app, leave Safari open, and then push the home button to find and open an app