The team will be working on fine-tuning protocols for recycling, including better labeling of what goes where, public service announcements, and pursuing our 7th year as an Evergreen status Michigan Green School (highest level). Kudos to retiree Nancy Klein for all her years building and shepherding these efforts!
BASICS TO KNOW:
There are recycling bins in every room – please use them for paper! Plastic and metal should be kept separately. If there is a need for secondary bins for this, let me know and I’ll see about grants to get them.
- There is NO LONGER A NEED TO SEPARATE PLASTIC BOTTLE CAPS. They can stay on the bottles.
- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be conscious of putting paper in the recycle bins in the office workroom instead of the trash can.
- There are also TWO blue plastic recycling bins in the lunch room – the Green Team appreciates staff participation in recycling lunch containers.
- Any suggestions to help keep our school clean are welcome.
- Any promotion of the Green Team to your students to help in this community effort is welcome.
- Green Team is a NO FEE, come when you can club that meets on Mondays until 4:00 in room 4. We also maintain the school garden in the back of the school.
Your support to keep Smith green is greatly appreciated!